Houston Juvenile Attorney
4 Steps to Helping Your Child
Step One: Get a Lawyer
You're here at my site because you are worried about your child. Will he be taken away from you? Is his future ruined? No, your child's future can still be bright. I can help your family get through this trying time. I have defended over 200 juvenile cases in my career, and I focus on working with youths and their families.
Your primary concern is: Will my child be taken away from me? While I can't make any predictions without reviewing your case, I can promise to do my best to keep your child safe in your home where they belong, with you.
Here are our options:
- We get the case dismissed.
- We win at trial.
- We get a pretrial diversion agreement, which means if your child stays out of trouble for six months, the case will be dismissed.
- Your child gets probation and goes home with you.
Only on the most serious offenses would the following occur:
- The judge places your child in a drug treatment or residential facility or a boot camp.
- Your child is sent to the Texas Youth Commission, where he or she gets a chance to learn a hard lesson and start over as a more responsible young adult.
Your family and I will work together to minimize the lasting effects of these juvenile charges. I have handled numerous Texas juvenile cases, including:
- Drug charges
- Underage alcohol consumption
- Auto theft
- Unauthorized use of motor vehicles
- Criminal mischief
- Sex crimes
I have vast experience with the detention center policies, county juvenile courts, juvenile record sealing rules, and the Texas Family Code.
Your Role as Parent
Whenever possible I involve the parents in the child's criminal defense. However, all decisions pertaining to your child's case are made by your child. Though you may be financially responsible for the case, I am representing your child and must respect his or her wishes.
Help Your Child by Following Steps Two Through Four